Monday, December 14, 2009
Jesus & Presents
My daughter-in-law Brittney is trying to teach Cohen about why we celebrate Christmas. She told him we have Christmas because it is Jesus birthday. Cohen became very worried and told his mom that she can't give his presents under the tree to Jesus, "they are my presents not Jesus". So now when she asks whose birthday is coming he says "my birthday, my presents". Brittney says she has her work cut out for her! Cohen just turned 3.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was just put in a the nursery leader in our ward. Last week I gave a lesson on the 1st Christmas and asked who's birthday will we be celebrating. No one knew. When I told them it was Jesus's birthday they didn't believe me. It took so convincing. We will revisit this again this next Sunday. One fun comment when I asked why Jesus was born in a stable or barn with the animals and not in a house, one little girl said it was because there was no more rooms left in the motel. Cute. Good for Brittney in teaching what Christmas is about. Cohen will be the better for it.
ReplyDelete